Monday 13 May 2013:
Norwich City and Queens Park Rangers were relegated to the Championship yesterday after their 0-0 draw means neither side can catch 17th-placed Reading. Chelsea keep up the pressure on Arsenal in 4th, and can move within a point of their neighbours if they win their game in hand at QPR on Wednesday. Wigan Athletic confirmed they’ll finish sixth with a comfortable 3-1 win over Newcastle, and the title will go down to the wire after Manchester United dispatched Fulham with ease at Old Trafford while Spurs were celebrating FA Cup success over Everton at Wembley.
- England’s U-19s qualifying campaign for the UEFA U-19s Championship got underway with a 1-1 draw in Denmark. In the other match in their group, ten-man Slovakia beat Belgium 1-0.
Following the completion of non-league seasons, a number of clubs have announced they have parted company with their managers:
- Colwyn Bay, Jon Newby
- Corby Town, Chris Plummer
- Crawley Town, Richie Barker
- Wrexham, Andy Morrell
- Hinckley United, Dean Thomas
- Fleetwood Town, Micky Mellon
- Falkirk, Steven Pressley
Football League Playoffs:
- CH First Leg: Hull City 1 – 1 Cardiff City
- CH First Leg: Burnley 0 – 1 Sheffield Wednesday
- Second legs to be played 14/15th May.
- L1 Final: Brentford Town v. Swindon Town (19th)
- L2 Final: Rochdale v. Rotherham United (18th)
- CP: Luton Town 1 – 1 Barrow, 1-4 on penalties.
- CN: Brackley Town v. Harrogate Town
- CS: Dover Athletic v. Eastleigh
- Coach Graeme Jones has reported that youngster Adam BUXTON has been showing signs of learning from his first-team mentor Shaun MALONEY.
Next Fixture: a v. Queens Park Rangers (Premier League), 19.05.13