Friday 31 May:
German international manager Joachim Low has announced his squad for next week’s World Cup Qualifier against Austria, and the following friendly against Tunisia. The team shows a sizable bias to domestic and European champions Bayern Munich with no less than eight of their players in the 23-man squad. Low has also recalled Hoffenheim ‘keeper Tim Wiese and Dortmund midfielder Sven Bender who missed the previous squad through injury. Bender joins Dortmund teammates Marco Reus, Mats Hummels, and Marcel Schmelzer in the squad for the matches on 07 and 11 June.
- Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer, Tim Wiese, Ron-Robert Zieler.
- Defenders: Dennis Aogo, Holger Badstuber, Jerome Boateng, Mats Hummels, Sebastian Jung, Philipp Lahm, Per Mertesacker, Marcel Schmelzer.
- Midfielders: Lars Bender, Sven Bender, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller, Mesut Ozil, Marco Reus, Simon Rolfes, Andre Schurrle, Bastian Schweinsteiger.
- Attackers: Mario Gomez, Miroslave Klose, Lukas Podolski.
Serbian international Neven Subotic has been called up to the national senior squad for their WCQ against Belgium and an international friendly in Romania.
In addition to the trio of players selected for the German U-21 squad heading to the UEFA U-21 Championships next month, seven other Dortmund youngsters have been called up for international duty next week:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina U-21s: Admir Terzic
- Croatia U-21s: Christian Silaj
- Turkey U-19s: Ogun Gumustas
- Turkey U-21s: Ensar Baykan, Onur Cenik, Kerem Demirbay
- Australia U-21s: Mustafa Amini
International Fixtures, June:
- 6th: Bosnia and Herzegovina v. South Korea (U-21s)
- 6th: Iceland v. Australia (U-21s)
- 6th: Montenegro v. Croatia (U-21s)
- 6th: Wales v. Turkey (U-21s)
- 6th: Germany v. Turkey (U-19s)
- 7th: Germany v. Austria (World Cup Qualifier)
- 7th: Serbia v. Belgium (World Cup Qualifier)
- 10th: Moldova v. Croatia (U-21s)
- 10th: Norway v. Bosnia and Herzegovina (U-21s)
- 10th: Montenegro v. Turkey (U-19s)
- 11th: Germany v. Tunisia (Friendly)
- 11th: Romania v. Serbia (Friendly)
- 12th: Spain v. Turkey (U-21s)
- 16th-29th: UEFA U-21s Championship in Israel
- Coupe de France Final: FC Sochaux-Montbe 2-2 aet, 5-3 pens Olympique de Marseille
- Dortmund have appointed Red Bull Salzburg’s Piet Hamberg as a coach, paying the Austrian club £5k compensation to bring him to new manager GS’s backroom staff.