Six more clubs booked their places in the final sixteen of the UEFA Champions League as Matchday 5 concluded.
- FC Twente’s 0-0 draw at Inter Milan was the point they needed in Group A. Inter travel to Spartak Moscow in a fortnight in the match that will likely decide who also goes through.
- Two late goals for Schalke in Copenhagn saw them take a massive step towards qualifying behind Porto. The two meet in Germany next time out, with Kobenhavn ready to pounce should Schalke trip up.
- Manchester United and Dynamo Kyiv both won at home in Group C to see them confirm the top two spots.
- Barcelona came from behind to beat Spurs at home in Group D to qualify, as PSG and Spurs play each other next week for the second qualification place.
- In Group E, both Benfica and Real Madrid won. They’ll play each other in a fortnight to decide the group winners.
- Germán Denis’s late strike for AC Milan saw them beat bottom-side Basel. Zenit St Petersburg and Dinamo Zagreb will both be looking for a win in a fortnight to progress alongside the Italians.
- Fenerbahçe lost in Manchester, but had already qualified. It’s City who have the upper-hand after reigning champions Bayern Munich were held at home by Saint-Etienne. They host Man City next week, and Bayern will have to win in Turkey. It’s going to be tight!
- Dortmund confirmed they’ll win the group with a slender victory over point-less Olympiakos, while Juventus put all the pressure on Arsenal ahead of the final match in two weeks’ time.