Netherlands and Norway go into their respective matches both looking to avoid defeat and seal safe passage through to the last sixteen. World Cup débutantes Guinea play Norway, and they’ll have to win that to go through.
Canada are already out, so are playing for pride against Netherlands. Canada have played five Finals matches in their history, losing all five without scoring.
The group winners will play the winners of Saudi Arabia v. Italy (Group F).
Odds: Guinea 7-2 v. Norway 4-6F (Draw 9-4)
Odds: Netherlands 1-6F v. Canada 10-1 (Draw 5-1)
- 12′ NED 1-0 CAN: Dirk Kuyt sends over a great cross for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to leap and send looping into the top corner from ten yards out. Perfect delivery and a perfect finish.
- 27′ NED 1-0 CAN: Arjen Robben has no problem in getting by his man down the left, hitting the goal line before pulling the ball back into the six-yard box where Klaas-Jan Huntelaar doubles his tally tonight by prodding past Hirschfield.
- 41′ NED 3-0 CAN: Hat-trick for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who moves to 48 goals for his country. Dirk Marcellis picks up a clearance in the middle, gets to the edge of the box before playing through Huntelaar who slams the ball home off the ‘keeper from a tight angle.
- HT: Guinea 0-0 Norway, Netherlands 3-0 Canada. NED and NOR qualifying.
- FT: Guinea 0-0 Norway, Netherlands 3-0 Canada.