The First Qualifying Round for next summer’s UEFA U19 Championship begins tomorrow with 48 nations playing in 12 round-robin groups across the continent. Dortmund boss Gray Surman will be taking charge of Austria U19 in a competitive match for the first time, having guided them to a win and a draw in two friendlies last month.
The top two nations from each group plus the best third-place nation, progress through to the Second Qualifying Round next May. Nations marked with an asterisk below host all matches in their respective group.
- Croatia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Romania*
- Finland, Ireland, Lithuania, Sweden*
- England*, Macedonia, Northern Ireland, Norway
- Russia, San Marino*, Slovakia, Wales
- Andorra, Austria, Estonia, Netherlands*
- Azerbaijan, France*, Georgia, Scotland
- Bosnia, Hungary*, Kazakhstan, Turkey
- Albania*, Luxembourg, Portugal, Slovenia
- Iceland, Israel, Malta, Switzerland*
- Belgium*, Czech Republic, Latvia, Moldova
- Armenia, Belarus*, Denmark, Ukraine
- Bulgaria, Montenegro, Poland, Serbia*