Portugal and Germany are hotly-tipped to both qualify with wins in today’s Group H fixtures. Portugal play Morocco who are already out, while Germany take on Jamaica who can qualify with a win. A draw wouldn’t do them any favours unless Morocco can put four past Portugal.
Odds: Jamaica 7-1 v. Germany 1-3F (Draw 3-1)
Odds: Portugal 4-6F v. Morocco 7-2 (Draw 9-4)
- 09′ POR 1-0 MOR: No one closes Danny down as the Zenit midfielder and he brings the ball forwards through the middle before driving a low shot home from the edge of the box, bobbling underneath Bourkadi.
- 13′ JAM 1-0 GER: Germany rocked by a route one goal,as Liam Feeney tears off in celebration. Miller hits a long free-kick forwards, Khedira loses out in the air to Elliott who finds Feenery unmarked on the edge of the box. He slams a shot into the roof of the net.
- 33′ JAM 1-1 GER: André Schürrle, who’s just signed a new deal with Leverkusen, wins the ball back on the left and squares for Kroos. He chips the ball over the top for Lukas Podolski to latch on to and drive past Miller for an equaliser.
- 36′ POR 1-1 MOR: Boussoufa gets the ball into the Portuguese box for the first time in the game. Neither Bruno Alves or Pepe pick up the run of Marouane Chamakh who turns home a cross from close range.
- 38′ POR 2-1 MOR: Two and a half minutes elapse and Portugal win a corner. Hugo Viana whips an in-swinger to the near post where Pepe nods Portugal back in front.
- Half-Time: Jamaica 1-1 Germany, Portugal 2-1 Morocco. GER and POR qualifying.
- 50′ POR 3-1 MOR: Morocco fall asleep at another corner. Hugo Viana’s delivery drops towards the near post where Cristiano Ronaldo has an age to steady himself and slot the ball home.
- 55′ JAM 1-2 GER: Schürrle gets to the goal line and sends a teasing cross into the six-yard box for Mario Götze to get ahead of his man and put Germany in front from close range. Sixth goal for his country and one that could seal progression.
- 64′ JAM 2-2 GER: The Caribbean side have put the cat amongst the pigeons again with a great counter-attacking goal. Dawkins gets the ball back in the middle, plays it to McAnuff who lobs it over the back four for Ryan Johnson to chase down and slot past Neuer for an equaliser. A winner would send them through instead!
Portugal through undefeated as group winners, they’ll play Australia.
Germany survive a scare and set up a last sixteen match against Argentina.
DORTMUND PLAYER WATCH (All GER): Mario Götze: Played 58: Scored 1, 2/2 shots, 15/24 passes (7.2) Mats Hummels: Played 90: 34/38 pass, 4 intercept, 0 fouls (6.9) Marcel Schmelzer: Pl. 90: 33/39 pass, 8/8 tackles, 6 int (6.8) Ilkay Gündogan: On 58' 20/23 passing, 2 shots, 4 crosses (6.8) Julian Schieber: On 66' 1 shot, 3/5 passes, 3/4 headers (6.9) - Andreas Beck and Marco Reus unused subs.